I recently received not one, but two Liebster Awards from fellow bloggers at Kittens Gone Lentil and Pea Soup Eats! You guys! How sweet. They occurred within a week of one another, so rather than write two separate posts, I’m going to combine them into one. You love me because I’m crafty and take shortcuts, admit it.
“Liebster” is German and means ‘dearest’ or ‘beloved’ but it can also mean ‘favorite’. The idea behind this award is to bring attention to bloggers who have less than 200 followers and show your support during Vegan Mofo!
The rules of winning this award are as follows:
1. Show your thanks to those who gave you the award by linking back to them.
2. Reveal 5 of your top picks and let them know by leaving a comment on their blog.
3. Post the award on your blog.
4. Enjoy the love and support of some wonderful people on the big wide web!
So, without further ado, here are my choices, in alphabetical order:
1. Coldandsleepy Cooks This delightfully funny and vegan mom is blogging her way through the alphabet this VeganMofo! I’ve really enjoyed her posts, and I always adore the description of how her sweet little boy reacts to the food she makes!
2. Gumboots & Cats & Vegan Snacks Down to earth and delicious recipes by a lovely vegan lady, with lots of yummy looking photos!
3. Miso for Breakfast This blogger is Mofoing by doing tons of giveaways, one of which I won! Besides that, I really love the descriptions of trips to various stores in Portland, OR that she takes and the reviews of various cookbooks that she’s giving away.
4. My Zoetrope I’ve been a fan Michelle since I first started blogging. She has tons of fabulous illustrations to compliment her many photos of delicious food. I want one (ok more than one) of her prints so badly!
5. The I-40 Kitchen I’m a sucker for anyone who veganizes old favorites, and this is exactly what this blog is full of! Old southern recipes, mostly family ones, made vegan for the rest of us!
I love so many other blogs, but those are the ones I could find that actually have counts of how many followers (that were also under 200) on their pages. Keep on keepin’ on, guys. I love reading what you write and drooling over your photos and recipes!
And so as not to leave you hanging, readers, I shall leave you with some delicious eye candy.
I’ve blogged about the Polenta Rancheros from Vegan Brunch before and how much I loved it. So I made it again, because honestly, it’s really easy and so so so delicious. And! This time around, the semi-vegan boyfriend loved it too! Last time he wasn’t crazy about it and was sure that this time I’d done something different. ‘No’, I told him, ‘only you and your mindset have changed!’ Have faith, people, even the most staunch bean haters can be turned around if you’re persistent.